Adding categories in WordPress is a great way to organize your content and make it easier for your visitors to find what they’re looking for. Categories help to create a hierarchical structure for your content, making it easier to navigate and allowing you to display related content together.
In addition, adding categories can also help with search engine optimization (SEO), as search engines use categories to understand the topic of your content and determine how it should be indexed and displayed in search results.
Overall, adding categories in WordPress is a simple but effective way to improve the organization and accessibility of your content, making it easier for your visitors to find and enjoy your content.
Adding categories in WordPress is a simple process. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
1. Login to your WordPress dashboard.
2. Click on “Posts” in the left-hand menu, and then select “Categories”.
3. You will see a form where you can add a new category. Fill in the name, slug (which is the URL-friendly version of the name), and optional description.
4. Click the “Add New Category” button to create the category.
5. You can also add subcategories under existing categories by selecting the parent category from the drop-down menu when adding a new category.
6. After creating your categories, you can assign them to posts by editing a post and selecting the appropriate category from the “Categories” section in the right-hand menu.
That’s it! You have successfully added categories in WordPress. You can now use them to organize your posts and make it easier for your visitors to find the content they’re looking for.