Linking to another page in WordPress is a fundamental aspect of website design. Whether you want to link to an external website or link to a page within your own website, adding hyperlinks can make your website more interactive and engaging. In this article, we will discuss how to link to another page in WordPress.
To link pages in WordPress to another page, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to the page editor for the page you want to link from.
2. Highlight the text or image that you want to turn into a link.
3. Click the “Insert/edit link” button in the toolbar above the text editor. It looks like a chain link icon.
4. In the popup window that appears, enter the URL of the page you want to link to in the “URL” field.
5. If you want the link to open in a new tab, check the box next to “Open link in a new tab.”
6. Click the “Add Link” button to save the changes.
That’s it! Now when visitors click on the text or image you linked, they will be taken to the page you specified.
- Test the Link: Before publishing your page or post, make sure to test the hyperlink to ensure that it works correctly.
- Use Descriptive Text: Use descriptive text to make it clear what the hyperlink leads to. This will help users know what to expect when they click on the link.
- Consider SEO: Consider how your hyperlinks affect your website’s search engine optimization (SEO). Use relevant keywords in your hyperlink text to improve your website’s SEO.
Linking to another page in WordPress is a simple process that can add value to your website. By following the steps outlined above, you can add hyperlinks to your website that help users navigate to other pages or websites. Remember to test your hyperlinks, use descriptive text, and consider SEO when adding hyperlinks to your WordPress website.